Electrical Service Technician / Journeyman
Located in San Marcos, CA, M Bar C Electric provides an ultra-reliable solution for general contractors, corporate divisions, government entities, and property management working on any size project. We now seek an Electrical Service Technician/Journeyman whose basic function will be to install new electrical systems and repair existing electrical systems for our diverse customer base while maintaining great customer interactions and business relationships in addition to compliance with national, state and local electrical codes along with all M Bar C Electric policies and procedures. This person will support activities at commercial, industrial, and institutional locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform electrical installations and troubleshoot electrical problems for our diverse customer base.
- Use industry related hand tools and power tools.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, etc. and install wire and electrical cable systems, conduit systems and other wire raceway systems.
- Feed to, pull into, and terminate wire and cable within control centers, distribution boxes, transformers, transducers, switch gear, receptacles, switches, etc.
- Splice and terminate wires at junction points.
- Troubleshoot equipment electrical systems and control circuits and build control panels from drawings.
- Prepare sketches and schematic diagrams showing the location of wiring and electrical systems.
- Delegate tasks and assist with training other employees.
- Communicate effectively with Foremen and crew members.
- Maintain workflow schedule to ensure all M Bar C Electric productivity objectives are met.
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with colleagues, customers and vendors.
- Adhere to all M Bar C Electric’s safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Qualified candidates will bring well-rounded electrical construction experience, in commercial and industrial settings. You’ll also need excellent customer service skills, a strong work ethic, clean driving record, and OSHA 10 card
- Must hold a current Journeyman Wireman license
- Previous experience installing power systems: lighting, fire protection, security, and data network preferably in commercial environments
- Can build and install control panels and provide maintenance to systems
- Capable of using Electrical Single Line blueprints
- Hands on success with finding and repairing faults in electrical apparatus and circuits
- Knows how to verify compliance and functionality of installations
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, design build projects, and prepare material takeoff lists based on scope
- Possess some basic leadership skills through previous Foreman or Crew Leader experience.
- Able to effectively manage material estimates
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, writing and listening, such that ideas and information are clearly conveyed and meaning is obtained, especially with Project Management, Client, and Operations staff members
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities and projects within specified time constraints
- Demonstrates strong leadership and pre-planning abilities
- Committed to safety and possesses the ability to recognize potential hazards, thereby avoiding incidents.
- Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time. May also be required to walk for long periods of time while completing other duties and responsibilities.
- Must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands to finger, handle, and feel objects such as construction nuts and bolts and hand-held computer devises. The ability to bend the body, squat, stoop, kneel while wearing up to 25 lb tool belt, to reach for objects, and to crouch when needed are also required; may work off of ladders, man lifts or reach booms
- Frequently required to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally be in uncomfortable positions
- May work outdoors in construction environments where may encounter varying weather conditions and temperatures. Normal auto travel hazards will apply. Construction sites may be in all types of weather including heavy rain and below freezing temperatures with snow conditions.
- May also work in areas with high noise volume.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employment is contingent upon the individual maintaining a current Journeyman Wireman License as may be required.
M Bar C Construction is an EEO employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. The company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal laws.
M Bar C Construction is Veteran friendly and encourages our military veterans to consider us as an Employer of Choice.
Everyone wants to work for an employer that sets themselves apart from the rest of the field. The 2015 Top 500 North American Solar Contractors shows M Bar C Construction as #8 in Construction, #16 in California, and #45 across all of North America. Come make a difference and be part of a team that cares about the quality of what they make. With core values like Family, Integrity, Commitment, and Quality, you’ll be part of something unique in the field of Construction. Make your mark by joining M Bar C Construction.
We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including, but not limited to; comprehensive healthcare benefit packages, Paid Time Off, and a 401(k) Plan with a company match.