We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including, but not limited to; comprehensive medical benefit packages, 401(k), and a pension plan.
Function as an Electrician/Journeyman Wireman for M bar C Electric; installing new electrical systems and repairing existing electrical systems while maintaining compliance with national, state and local electrical codes along with all M bar C Electric policies and procedures. Support activities at commercial, industrial, institutional and residential locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, repair, maintain, and test commercial, industrial and residential electrical systems in full support of M bar C Electric’s safety, operations and productivity initiatives.
- Use industry related hand tools and power tools.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, etc. and install wire and electrical cable systems, conduit systems and other wire raceway systems.
- Feed to, pull into, and terminate wire and cable within control centers, distribution boxes, transformers, transducers, switch gear, receptacles, switches, etc.
- Splice and terminate wires at junction points.
- Troubleshoot equipment electrical systems and control circuits and build control panels from drawings.
- Prepare sketches and schematic diagrams showing the location of wiring and electrical systems.
- Delegate tasks and assist with training other employees.
- Communicate effectively with Foremen and crew members.
- Maintain workflow schedule to ensure all M bar C Electric productivity objectives are met.
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with colleagues, customers and vendors.
- Adhere to all M bar C Electric’s safety policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must hold a current Journeyman Wireman license (California).
- Ability to install power systems: lighting, fire protection, security, and data network.
- Ability to build and install control panels and provide maintenance to systems.
- Experience using Electrical Single Line blueprints.
- Experience finding and repairing faults in electrical apparatus and circuits.
- Ability to verify compliance and functionality of installations.
- Experience helping with the management of a project and crew.
- Ability to manage material estimates.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and pre-planning abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Physical Demands: The employee may require the ability to do the following:
- Lift 50 lbs from ground and pull 50 lbs of force.
- Perform ladder climbing, wire pulling and conduit pulling.
- Fully squat, stoop or kneel while wearing a 25 lb tool belt.
- Maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions such as grasping or manipulating wires.
- Work off of ladders, man lifts or reach booms
- Working Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to:
- A variety of weather conditions including cold, snow, rain, heat, etc.
- High noise levels
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employment is contingent upon the individual maintaining a current Journeyman Wireman License (if required by the applicable state, city or county).