Electrical Foreman Level 1
Located in San Marcos, CA, M Bar C Electric provides an ultra-reliable solution for general contractors, corporate divisions, government entities, and property management working on any size project. We now seek an Electrical Foreman Level 1 who will function as a Foreman for M Bar C Electric, monitoring installations and ensuring work is performed according to M Bar C Electric standards and project specifications. Will work cooperatively with the general contractor and/or customer in managing the project, project schedule and employees. Responsible for maintaining productivity, safety, quality control, labor cost, scheduling, movement of manpower, procurement of materials and any other activities impacting the successful completion of the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieve company productivity objectives by effectively providing leadership for and assigning tasks to crew members while maintaining an accurate labor tracking log
- Establish project goals and monitor success in reaching those objectives on an ongoing basis.
- Manage purchase orders and ensure ordered materials are received while adhering to bulk buy material procedures
- Adhere to project contract document changes and M Bar C Electric’s change
- order notice-to-proceed policies
- Fully utilize a prefabrication facility and company-wide installation methods and policies
- Ensure the proper safety equipment, materials and tools are onsite to perform required work
- Provident Superintendent(s) with sufficient notice of any crew changes
- Utilize a proactive approach to anticipate and resolve potential issues.
- Ensure crew members start and finish work shift on time; Maintain proper meal/break times as per Employee Handbook and as legally required per local labor laws and regulations
- Conduct effective performance evaluations of crew members
- Maintain complete and accurate “as-built” as per company procedures and project requirements
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals including project owners, architects, general contractors, management, crew members, etc.
- Ensure all work performed meets with NEC, federal, state, county, local codes and contract documents
- Adhere to all M bar C Electric’s as well as state and federal safety policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures included in the company Employee Handbook
- Possess a minimum of 2 to 4 years of field experience working as a Journeyman Electrician
- Must hold a current Journeyman Wireman license (as may be required by the applicable state, city or county)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively order and track materials, perform cost projections, and develop “as builts”
- Strong, first-hand knowledge and experience related to scheduling, material lead times, product knowledge and installation durations
- Solid understanding of the electrical codes and installation methods
- Well-versed in the installation of power systems: lighting, fire protection, security and data networks
- Knowledgeable regarding the build, installation and maintenance of control panels
- Comfortable utilizing Electrical Single Line blueprints
- Experience in verifying the compliance and functionality of installations
- Knowledgeable in the identification and repair of faults in electrical apparatus and circuits
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with colleagues, customers and vendors
- Good communication skills including speaking, writing and listening, such that ideas and information are clearly conveyed and meaning is obtained, especially with Project Management, Client, and Operations staff members
- Strong ability to train, coach, counsel employees and develop their skills and abilities and improve their overall effectiveness and productivity results
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities and projects within specified time constraints
- Committed to safety and possesses the ability to recognize potential hazards, thereby avoiding incidents
- Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time. May also be required to walk for long periods of time while completing other duties and responsibilities
- Must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands to finger, handle, and feel objects such as construction nuts and bolts and hand-held computer devises. The ability to bend the body, squat, stoop, kneel while wearing up to 25 lb tool belt, to reach for objects, and to crouch when needed are also required; may work off of ladders, man lifts or reach booms
- Frequently required to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally be in uncomfortable positions
- May work outdoors in construction environments where may encounter varying weather conditions and temperatures. Normal auto travel hazards will apply. Construction sites may be in all types of weather including heavy rain and below freezing temperatures with snow conditions
- May also work in areas with high noise volume.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employment is contingent upon the individual maintaining a current Journeyman Wireman License (as may be required by the applicable state, city or county).
M Bar C Construction is an EEO employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. The company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal laws.
M Bar C Construction is Veteran friendly and encourages our military veterans to consider us as an Employer of Choice.
Everyone wants to work for an employer that sets themselves apart from the rest of the field. The 2015 Top 500 North American Solar Contractors shows M Bar C Construction as #8 in Construction, #16 in California, and #45 across all of North America. Come make a difference and be part of a team that cares about the quality of what they make. With core values like Family, Integrity, Commitment, and Quality, you’ll be part of something unique in the field of Construction. Make your mark by joining M Bar C Construction.
We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including, but not limited to; comprehensive medical benefit packages, 401(k), and a pension plan.