We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including, but not limited to; comprehensive medical benefit packages, 401(k), and a pension plan.
Function as an Apprentice Electrician, under a certified or licensed Electrician for M bar C Electric. Assist electricians with installing new electrical systems and repairing existing electrical systems while maintaining compliance with national, state, and local electrical codes along with all M bar C Electric’s policies and procedures. Support activities at commercial, industrial, institutional and residential project locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the installation, repair, and maintenance and testing of commercial, industrial and residential electrical systems in full support of M bar C Electric’s safety, operations and productivity initiatives.
- Use industry related hand tools and power tools, under supervision.
- Assist the Electrician with measuring, cutting, bending, threading and installing wire and electrical cable systems, conduit systems and other wire raceway systems.
- Assist the Electrician with wires and cables within control centers, distribution boxes, transformers, transducers, switch gear, receptacles, switches, etc.
- Work with an Electrician to splice and terminate wires at junction points.
- Clean, gather and transport materials to electricians on the construction site.
- Communicate effectively with Foremen and crew members.
- Maintain workflow schedule to ensure all M bar C Electric’s productivity objectives are met.
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with colleagues, customers and vendors.
- Adhere to all M bar C Electric’s safety policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (Dependent on level of completion):
- Must be currently enrolled or working on enrollment in an approved Apprentice program.
- Knowledge of electrical theory, basic circuits, branch circuits, and specialty systems.
- Knowledge of magnetic induction, three-phase transformers, conductors and wiring methods.
- The ability to read and understand electrical single line blueprints.
- Familiar with aspects of operation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems.
- Basic knowledge of tools and equipment and how to safely use them.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Physical Demands: The employee may require the ability to do the following:
- Lift 50 lbs from ground and pull 50 lbs of force.
- Perform ladder climbing, wire pulling and conduit pulling.
- Fully squat, stoop or kneel while wearing a 25 lb tool belt.
- Maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions such as grasping or manipulating wires.
- Work off of ladders, man lifts or reach booms.
- Working Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to:
- A variety of weather conditions including cold, snow, rain, heat, etc.
- High noise levels
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employment is contingent upon the individual staying enrolled in an approved Apprentice program.